Welcome to Acme Training
All Things eLearning, LMS, and NASBA Compliance
Terry Heiney, Ph.D., Managing Partner
Nearly 50 years of experience in corporate training and education consulting with emphasis in media and online delivery. President of The Learning Network from 2000 to 2019, a full service LMS company.
Owned and managed T. Heiney Productions:
- Produced series of filmstrips in all areas of airline ground operations for Continental Airlines. Produced game-based sales training for reservation agents.
- Wrote series of filmstrips in restaurant operations for A&W Root Beer. Wrote and produced the A&W Manager’s Manual.
- Wrote and produced series of filmstrips for Ramada Inns operations. Wrote the Ramada Inns Manager’s Manual.
- Wrote and produced training for startup airlines including New York Air, Midway, and the second Braniff startup.
- Vice President of Sales and Service for startup airline Jet Express. Wrote Letter of Compliance for FAA, wrote operations manual. Managed and trained flight attendants.
With partner owned and managed Dyad Training Systems:
- Wrote and delivered training classes for Xerox Document University including sales analyst training (4-week program), printing systems sales training (2-week program), and numerous other classes and events.
- Clients included Digital Equipment and Apple Computer.
Owned and managed Acme Training, Inc.
- Continued work for Xerox Corporation. Began working with online delivery of training.
- Delivered sales and technical training for NCR.
- Produced technical training for Kawasaki Motors U.S.A.
- Designed and wrote numerous business meetings and ride-and-drives for various auto clients.
Acme Training, Inc., acquired by The Learning Network (Learning.net). Managed this LMS vendor for a group of investors.
- In an ongoing working relationship with Commerce Clearinghouse (CCH) built an online learning business delivering continuing professional education in accounting and taxation to CPA’s. This includes an online authoring system for CCH content experts and editors, an online learning center with course catalogs, an online administration system for CCH order administration and online help personnel, and an e-commerce system. This business will generate over one million dollars in revenue for CCH in this fiscal year and is estimated to grow incrementally in coming years. In addition, similar systems were built for CCH Malaysia and Singapore.
- In an effort that began in 2001, working with Deloitte built an online learning engine to deliver proprietary content to practitioners in the tax and audit lines. This effort involved many aspects: customization of a learning content management system (LCMS), integration of the LCMS with the Deloitte Learning System, development of custom user interfaces, and development of two extensive libraries of courses. In addition, developed online testing systems for Deloitte’s Tax and Audit Practices, and setup international delivery of the proprietary courseware.
- Worked with Duke University Medical School, Department of Integrative Medicine, to create a learning management system to deliver a full range of course delivery from walk-in yoga classes to an M.B.A. program in integrative medicine.
2019 to Present
Operate Acme Training, LLC, to complete consulting projects in EdTech.
- Primarily worked with Pluribus Technologies, the organization that purchased Learning.net in 2019.
Since 2010 served as a member of the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy’s (NASBA) CPE Standards Working Group. In this capacity Terry has applied his background in educational theory, instructional design, and instructional technology to the development of continuing education standards for the accounting profession in the United States.
Acme Training was originally founded as a content development company creating educational media and instructor led courses. When elearning took the stage in the late 1990’s we worked with Xerox, among others, to create online self-study and webinar materials.
Since 2000 our principal, Terry Heiney, has consulted in the Accounting vertical working with organizations such as Deloitte and CCH to manage certification and delivery of Continuing Professional Education for CPAs. Learning.net was, and is, a NASBA Sponsor for Group Live, Group Internet-Based, QAS Self Study, and Nano deliveries.
Terry Heiney is a member of CPE Standards Working Group of the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). He has participated in the last four major updates of the NASBA Standards.
Talk to us about certification training, course development, outsourcing course development, authoring tools, and selling courses online.